1. A big storm washed them on shore.
2. A drought happened and the boats got stuck there after they sank.
3. Someone brought them on land as a tourist attraction.
4. It's actually someone's home.
5. The water evaporated and the ship got stuck there.
6. A big machine brought it on land.
7. A really high tide brought it on land, and when low tide came, it got stuck.
As we work through these ideas, students will be investigating water transformations to make sense of this phenomenon, of how a ship could possibly be brought on land. To do so, students spent their first day in the unit preparing to build mini-lakes to study, since they can't visit the real lake where this happened (and quite frankly, it would be hard to take a field trip of this magnitude every day)!
Here's all their preparation to build their mini-lakes!