Students set up four different experiments.
- Location 1--The Windows
- Location 2--The Classroom
- Location 3--The Closet
- Location 4--The Fridge
After waiting for a week, students discovered that not ONE set of seeds grew at all. Many of them grew mold, too. What did we conclude?
- The windows were too bright and warm for our seeds to grow.
- The classroom wasn't bright enough and was too warm, too, as over the weekend there is no air conditioning in the classroom.
- The closet was too dark and warm.
- The fridge was too cold and dark.
Our next steps...to consider how we can create more ideal conditions for our seeds to grow--not too hot or cold, not too much light or not enough, with just the right amount of water!